Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, March 04, 2010

First G2 packet is back from my adviser

I just received my first packet back from my adviser. I have talked with another classmate about that first packet. You wait, wonder, “Did they get it, not physically get it, but do they understand my direction. How will they respond? Will it be with encouragement and direction, which is what I think it is supposed to be, or will I feel that they missed the boat, and I’m floating around at sea?" So my classmate and I keep working, but periodically ask, did you get yours yet?

Once you have your first packet back you can breathe a sigh of relief. Now you know what the dynamics will be between you and your adviser. Hopefully you were able to get a sense of that at residency, but in all honesty residency is intense and that is not always apparent. For now it is one on one, soul to soul and with art—how can it be any other way.

In receiving this first response to the first packet I’m thrilled that I am not only going in the right direction but have already been there. This is a different adviser than last semester. She cannot know how much I researched and read and her suggestions were ones that I had done last semester! That is cool. Though there were a few suggestions that I will also jump on, as I trust my adviser and respect her input. The teacher poses questions that I pose as well, and it is one of the reasons why I wanted to create interviews with others who have been in the field, not just interviews but dialogues.

I’m renewed in my excitement for the next packet and can not wait to get it to her. Thanks Ju-Pong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home