Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

CREDIT FOR MY LIFE EXPERIENCE!

I have been working diligently on credit for my life experience.

Vermont College will give you up to 30 credits for your life experience. It is a huge process to create the documentation (EXCEL) needed for this but I knew I needed to do it to possibly graduate in October of 2006.

The first step I suppose was actually going to the meeting that the school provided during residency. Though you can’t do the EXCEL in your first semester I went to the meeting and picked up all of the documentation that they had. Anyone trying to do this should attend the meeting.

I sent in my proposal, which also consisted of an outline. Not mandatory but I would highly recommend it to anyone who is trying to do this. An outline really lays the entire thing out. You may have read previously that I received permission on October 17th to proceed with the essay.

So it has been less than 3 months and my essay is going back to the school. It is the entire 80 pages plus extra stuff like letters, newspapers clippings etc. I really was surprised that I could finish it so quickly. Though I had no weekends, or holidays. It is terrifying. Though I have had it looked over, maybe there is something wrong? Breathe, breathw.

I’ll let you know how it goes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home