Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, January 21, 2006

meanwhile...my studies

I am still doing the same study as last semester it is for the book that I am writing "Bringing to life The Spirit of the Deceased - a Sculptor's Journey". I am presently working on a sculpture of little Lucas a 5 year old who died in a swimming accident. It has not been easy as I don’t think I had enough photographs of him from a profile view, but I did the best I could. The pose that I am doing him in is a superman/batman pose. I could not capture it in photographs so we did it on computer in 3D. It is great to have that to work from.

I finally caught his personality in the clay, which is what the entire book is about. I should be done with him in the next week. I’ll try to post it.

My process writing for this month is different than it has been. It is more reflective, instead of just the process of creating art. It is greatly due to one of the books on my bibliography - Applegate, Shanon. Living Among Headstones: Life in a Country Cemetery. N.Y: Avalon Publishing, 2005. It is an excellent book and a welcome treat for my study.

I just finished reading From Chalk to Bronze by Hutson, Alice TX for one of the four books for this month. It is very good. It is about Waldine Touch a woman sculptor who lived in Texas 1892-1986. It is great to read about other sculptors especially women. It is inspiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home