Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Saturday, February 11, 2006

How did I do on the Humanities CLEP?

I went and had breakfast early, and began memorization. Drove to the school 4 hours before the test went to the library and more memorization. Got to the room 45 minutes before the test and they said I could study in the room or I could begin the test. I said a little prayer and decided to go for it.

I had earplugs for my ears and they gave me headphones. I am easily distracted by outside noise. They put me in the corner where I could not see anyone come in. I took the test and was afraid that I would run out of time. I did my best to answer the questions and with those I was unsure of I answered and marked them to review if I had time.

I finished with 23 minutes to spare. I guess taking all of the pretests helped. They asked me if I wanted my score sent before I closed down the program and I said no. I mean I only want it sent to the school if I pass. I quit the test and went to professor. She asked if I was done I said yes and asked if I passed. She printed out the score. I needed a 50 I got a 64! I passed!!!!!! Turns out you still have an opportunity to send the scores to the school without paying. If you fill out the form, which I had a hard time writing my name on because my brain was mooshe.

I was thrilled. When I left another woman was there who took the same test. I asked her how much she studied, and she said not much she did 1 pretest. She asked me what book I used and I said I used three different books and 7 different tests. She was disappointed that she did not pass, she missed it by 5 points. But she said, “ I only have myself to blame.” I was not sure that I would pass, but I knew that I did my absolute best.

Now for the history CLEP. I really only need 1 credit to graduate, if they school gives me all 30 credits for life experience.

1 Comments:

  • I wanted to tell you that I am a middle age fellow who has chosen to complete my degree. I thank you for your site and want to wish you well. I will share the fact that I completed my Humanities exam today, March 13th. I am happy to report I too passed this challenging track. My next CLEP is Natural Sciences.

    With my regards and best wishes,

    Tim Dehner

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home