Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Monday, November 06, 2006

Fall Residency 2006- Saturday- Art show, Registration, Pictures, Lecture

I knew once Saturday came it would be like the gun going off.

ART SHOW
Saturday monring is the time to hang the student art show. I have little to hang, I had a large print of the Dick Hathaway sculpture created and shipped, and luckily it came in time for the show.



DOUBLE BOOKED- hang show, register and take group picture all before 10:00 A.M. The show hung very easily this semester. Usually we are trying to do things in-between. Registration is at the same time as hanging the show. I like registration it makes residency feel more real.

PICTURES- Time to take group pictures unfortunately it was raining so this semester we had them taken in the gym instead of on the steps of the gym. I’ll post mine as soon as they come.

ART SHOW AND MY CULMINATING LECTURE

The art show was well attended. I had my lecture materials for my culminating lecture set up in the room right next to the art show. It was directly after the art show and well attended. I was glad to get it over early. I still have another lecture for the TW woods Gallery on Monday.




Photograph shows my poster for the presentation. On the corner of it hangs my daughters grad cap



Below you see my instructor from last semester is caught stealing a chocolate kiss from the table that I set for my presentation.

My instructor for this semester, Blythe, introduces me at my lecture as a slide show of Dick Hathaway plays in the background.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home