Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Building, creating and taking steps to the future

So I accidentally deleted my template to my blog, and had to learn how to get this blog back up the way it was suppose to be done, another lesson for a perpetual learner.

I’m supposed to get a housing slip in the mail from Vermont College. It has not come yet. That is where I indicate about my horrible snoring. (See below)

I leave for Vermont College two weeks from Thursday. I still have some things to do to get ready. My instructor for the Community College finally e-mailed me. He gave me, what looks like, all of my work for the rest of this term. I should be able to finish it before I leave.

I called Union Institute Magazine Network and sent them a press release about the Newsboy Sculpture. So I will be listed in the first issue I receive of the magazine. I hope they put the photo in the article. I don’t care so much to see myself in the photo as much as I do the newsboy sculpture. I sent them the same photo that is on this blog to the right.

While I am waiting for the 14th of April, and my trip to Vermont College, I am keeping busy by getting ready to build the studio in my back yard. I talked with the city of Houston yesterday they said I could walk my blueprints through in one day and get a permit. Who would have thought? But first I need to get with the builder about modifying the blueprints. I roped off the entire studio in the back yard, and tried to figure out where windows and doors should go. The stairs will be outside and go up to the office upstairs, but I can’t figure them out. How far out will stairs come that go to a 10-foot landing? Must be algebra. We are going to go with Alpine buildings and here is a view of our little barn-type art studio. I plan on enclosing the back part that shows a carport and using that for storage. This studio is comparable in size to the studio I have now.

If all goes well we should get our money, permit and blueprints before I leave and be ready to build when I come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home