Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Sunday, March 27, 2005

The college paper work is done.

The paper work For Vermont College is all done, at least what I have received. I do still have the measles form. Because of the Easter holiday I won’t hear back from my high school until next week. Now that those details are out of the way I am back to doing schoolwork from Houston Community College. My class from HCC and Vermont College are going to overlap. Add to that the building of the new studio and the new sculpture that will be started on the 9th and by the end of April I will be going in 5 different directions!

I would like to contact someone in housing at Vermont College. You see I hate to admit it so openly but I am a snorer! Yes, it is true; I have turned into my grandmother. It is has become a real problem in our own house. Not getting enough sleep is horrible. I see how it affects my husband. So I hate to put a roommate through that. I am trying everything — hypoallergenic sheets, nose strips, air purifiers act. I hear that the dorms at Vermont College are old, which may add to my allergies and to my snoring. I don’t know if they can give me a room of my own, I sure hate to pay extra for it but I would not wish it on my roommate. It is sad, because I would like the experience of having a roommate. So I hope to call housekeeping, or those in charge of this sort of thing at Vermont College and talk with them next week.

When I spoke to my cab partner I got a better feel of what I was going to do while at the college. I wonder if most of the people coming to the college for the first time know what they are going to be doing. I have been told that coming home after the week will be kind of a shock because I’ll have to start the program on my own. I think for most people it might be, but I doubt I’ll go through much of that, probably because I feel (and have been told) that I am already doing what the program entails. It will really be like coming home and going to work.

My days will be long while I am there. I hear the program spans from 8:30am-9:00pm every day. I will still have my blogging to do, and article for the Tribune due as well. I have contacted my HCC instructor and asked him if somehow I could get ahead with my class so I won’t have to focus on that during the week of the 14th -23rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home