Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, March 31, 2005

What did I weigh at 16?

My health records came from my high school. Vermont College required my measles record as part of my paperwork. I contacted my high school and they sent me what they had, a very interesting document. At 16 I was 63 inches tall with a weight of 109. I was a skinny little thing back then. And yes both the chicken box and measles were listed. Don’t know if that means I had them or had the immunization against them, chicken pox at 3 years of age and measles at 5. I really don’t remember either one very well.

MORE PAPER WORK.
Today the bursar’s office sent more paper work and in this paper work it states that the cost of Vermont College is $5,420. $5,120. was the previous number I received from the financial aid department so someone must have had their wires crossed. This form asks me to fill things out and send in my first payment. I don’t have all of my final papers and figures from financial aid department since I have had to go through the verification from the FAFSA (see below). I am going to fill in everything as I have figured it out and send in what I think is my payment.

ART SHOW
The school has an ongoing art show for the week residency. It is very hard for a sculptor to bring their artwork, but I have decide to bring the print outs of the newsboy web journal. I have logged them into a folder, so that others can see the process. I went to the foundry today and the entire sculpture is almost put together. I’ll be able to put those photos in there as soon as I post them. I also wanted to bring a poster of other artwork.

AUCTION
At each residency they have an auction with proceeds going to different things. I have decided that I’ll bring one of my God's Word collectable sculptures as an auction item, probably the graduation sculpture. I am sure someone would like to receive that, especially when so many will be graduating.

STUDIO
Today I stood on a ladder and I have taken pictures of the back yard, all roped off. The photos Show where the studio will go. I meet with the builder tomorrow. So I must have everything together. Hopefully these photos will help us to figure out some of the details. We are building around the trees and around the pond and stream. The porch to the new studio will be just a few feet away from this pond. It will be a nice place to take a break. I have no doubt that I will quickly outgrow this studio. It is o.k. Though. We are only planning on living at this location for another 4-5 years so then I can upgrade to something bigger. Creating life size sculptures is not like doing paintings. It requires a lot of work.

3 Comments:

  • Manaaging time %%desc%% that forcus on goal and plan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM  

  • Hey isculpt,

    Your blog "What did I weigh at 16?", leads me to believe you will find my information on Miller Analogies Test to be very beneficial.

    We have many hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you pass your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Come over now and have a look for yourself ... you have nothing to loose but everything to gain!

    Best Wishes
    Emily

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:07 PM  

  • Hello isculpt,

    After reading your blog "What did I weigh at 16?", I believe you will find my site on International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners's IBLCE Exam to be very helpful.

    We have hundreds of study prep guides and aids to help you ace your exams without weeks and months of endless studying. Make sure you give yourself every possible advantage in passing your tests ... pay us a visit now!

    Kind Regards
    Emily

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home