Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

8 days and counting and procrastination.

Sometimes you will do anything to avoid writing. Not this blog of course but my final essay for English class. See, here I am writing this blog instead of doing the essay. Luckily I can take the subject of the essay and work it into a future article for the Newspaper that I write for. But in the meantime I procrastinate. Funny thing is if I just focused on it I could probably whip it out in a few hours.

Just 8 more days until I leave for my first residency at Vermont College
I have several goals in those eight days.

* Finish my class at the community college. My instructor has given me everything I need. I did it all accept this last research essay. I will finish it before I leave.
* Begin an article about my trip to Vermont and the relationship that Vermont has to my childhood (we went there every Easter as a child), my history (the American genealogy of my family name ends in Winooski Vermont) and my future (Vermont College and my degree.) I will finish this article while in Vermont. I received an extension on my deadline so that I can add some “in the dorm experience” to the article.
* Meet with the builder of my new studio and finalize the blueprints.
* Get those blueprints back and take them to the electrical engineer. Then I will be all ready for the city and the permits.
* Dig up those flower beds that are in the way of construction and either move or give away all of the plants.
* I have a sitting on the 9th with my newest project “Patsy” Patsy died a year ago and her friend is posing for the sculpture. Patsy is a life size bronze seated on a park bench. I am thrilled to get this sitting done before I leave.
* I have a few presentations to get done before I leave as well. One is for a life size sculpture of St. John. The others are for my trip to college.
* Secure a date with the bank to finalize the loan fro the building.
* Pick up my winter coat from the cleaners (oh I am not looking forward to the cold)

Seeing all of this in writing is quite overwhelming. But most of it has already begun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home