Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Thursday, April 07, 2005

everything is about to change!

I have had no correspondence from Vermont College at all in the last few days. I went from having a ton of papers and correspondence to nothing. It feels strange, but I’ll be there in less than a week, so now it is just a matter of living it.

My eyes are blurry from homework. I have just finished the last 4 weeks of school from my other school in the last 4 days. My final research project is off being proofed. What a load off of my shoulders.

I am plugging away on the items on my to do list. I found out today that a master electrician and an electrical engineer are not the same. I have to meet with the latter to get the blueprints approved. I am excited about talking with someone who knows his or her stuff about this electricity thing. So often, at my last studio, I would pop the breaker. Here I would be, the concrete mixer going, the compressor humming the vibrator clamped to the mold and then click- everything would go dark and quite. What is even worse is when you are trying to heat wax to the correct temp, you have 2 crock pots going, and one double boiler, your about to pour very hot wax, it is late at night and you are exhausted and then pop goes the breaker and you are in the dark. So yes I am excited about electrical engineers.

Tomorrow I meet with the builder. He just better come. I have tried to get him here twice, and I am running out of time. I so want to get the revised blueprints back from him and get them to the electrical engineer, before I leave.

We close on the 2nd. I can hardly believe that I will have a brand new studio in my own backyard. This is really cool!

My yard… I went out there today and sat on the island on the other side of the pond. It was so wonderful. Cool breeze blowing and my black cat jumping at anything that moved. I will love working here. The energy is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home