Perpetual Learner- The adventure of going back to school

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Fall Residency 2006- Sunday- Leaving Vermont

I hated packing up and leaving, but we did have to get back to our work and our lives in Houston, Texas. On the way to the airport we took a detour to Winooski and Francis Xavier Cemetery. It seems appropriate that my study at Vermont College was on my book that I am writing “Bringing to Life the Spirit of the Deceased-A Sculptor’s Journey.” And now my last very cold day is spent in the cemetery. My alma mater is not the only thing in Vermont, my genealogy and roots are there. This is the gravesite of my grandmother, grandfather, and great grandmother and grandfather. I loved walking in this old cemetery and looking at the gravestones most of them in French, and there were many Mongeon’s.

Mike and I ate lunch on lake Champlain, left overs that we needed to eat up. Then it was the long flight home. The luggage followed us two days later. Good thing we were going home and didn’t need it. I however really wanted to look at the diploma one more time. I have watched my daughter’s video at least twice and laughed and cried both times. The Dean had said “rights and responsibilities” that were bestowed on us with the degree. “What responsibilities?” I suppose it is as our speaker said, “come fly with me,” That is what we pass on, the knowledge of how to learn to fly. That is what this entire web site is about, being a perpetual learner and sharing with others how to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home